International Women's Day is today, March 8th. The 2019 theme for this day of recognition and reflection is #BalanceforBetter.
As you celebrate today, ask yourself what "balance" improves or makes "better" for your team and organization?
Here are seven reflections and insights that I had in preparing for IWD. Enjoy!
- Balance is the bridge between the past and the future.
- Balance is asking one more question that might unlock an innovative insight.
- Balance is breaking with tradition, while also showing respect for it.
- Balance is putting others needs ahead of your own, and honoring your own health and well-being too.
- Balance is driving hard toward achievements, and taking time to stop and truly reflect, recognize and celebrate.
- Balance is knowing when to lead, and knowing when to follow.
- Balance is equality. Because there is no "better" when we treat each other without respect and human dignity.
Happy IWD! And wishing you balance today and in the future!